The Girls

The Girls

Welcome to the Scrapbags Blog

We are a very friendly group of scrappers who meet each month in Hertford. We chat, scrap, share ideas and techniques and generally have a great crop which usually flies by far too quickly.

We love to meet fellow scrappers so please feel free to stop by and meet us (dates & location to the right), or if you'd like more details please drop me a line at scrapbags@ntlworld.com.

Saturday 9 November 2013

My poor neglected blog

It's been more than 3 months since my last post and I have so many Scrapbag pics to upload, but in my defence having FINALLY qualified I have been UBER busy with starting my first teaching post.  I knew being an NQT was going to be full on, but WOW!  It's been all I can do to keep Scrapbags running, let alone blog about it.

I have however, managed to make time for our Autumn retreat (Now there's a thing).  We returned to the Bobsleigh for 3 days of what Beth calls Scrapping Heaven. I only had time to prepare 2 classes, but we did have the usual ready steady scrap, goody bag, recipe and sketch challenges to give us a kick-start and the Scrapbags produced an amazing amount of layouts (and a few cards).  You can see them in the slideshow above right,

Here is our retreat kit layout




and here we all are on Saturday outside the Acacia suite.



As always, the weekend went far too fast and here we are getting ready for our next crop (Sat 16th Nov) Our monthly crops have been rolling on, and have been quite busy as everyone returns from their holidays with lots of new photos to scrap.  Having lost all my photos from my laptop during a minor wine incident last month I don't have the last three class kit photos to share, but I can show you next week's layout.

 

 

 

It uses the lush SEI Windsor papers which are foiled and flocked so offer lots of texture and dimension.  I wish I could take credit for the design, but must confess that the lovely Karen very generously allowed me to scraplift her 'Now that's what I call love' page. 

http://dollysdreamings.typepad.com/
 

  

Karen has a fab blog which she updates daily with inspirational scrapbooking ideas, so please do pop over to visit her at Dolly's Dreamings.

I hope to see you soon, either on Saturday, or maybe our 12 hour crop in December.

Happy Scrapping!!

June
 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your page and am really honoured to have been scraplifted for a class page.
I look forward to seeing some of the ladies over on my blog. I often have classes and tutorials on there.
Karen x